Uninsured or having trouble paying your hospital bill?
You may be eligible for financial assistance.
Geisinger is committed to providing medically necessary healthcare to those in need, regardless of their ability to pay.
Our financial assistance policy
- Your financial circumstances will not affect the care you receive. All patients are treated with respect and fairness.
- Assistance is available for medically necessary care. Patients may apply for financial assistance at any time — before, during or after their care.
- If you have no health insurance or limited insurance benefits and/or limited financial resources, you may be eligible for assistance. Uninsured patients are required to apply for Pennsylvania Medical Assistance (also referred to as Medicaid or MA) or enroll in the Federal or State Health Insurance Marketplace.
- If you would like to apply for Medical Assistance, click here and use COMPASS to complete an online application on the Pennsylvania Medicaid website. You can also contact the Patient Service Call Center at 800-640-4206 and request an in-person appointment or speak with a Patient Financial Counselor for assistance in applying or answering questions about Medical Assistance.
- Click here to learn more about enrolling in the Federal or State Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Approval of financial assistance is determined by Geisinger’s policy guidelines, which are explained in the brochures linked below.
- Depending on the amount of your bill and your financial circumstances, interest-free repayment plans are available with minimum monthly payments as low as $25.
- If you do not qualify for financial assistance but believe you have special circumstances, you can request that your case be reviewed by a Geisinger financial counselor.
- To apply for financial assistance, you must provide us with all information necessary to apply for other funding sources that may be available to you such as Medical Assistance, Medicare Disability or other federal or state programs.
- You are financially responsible for your healthcare and for applying for financial assistance. Geisinger will make application materials easily available. To request an application, call 800-640-4206.
For more information or to apply for financial aid, download our Financial Assistance Policy brochure or Payment Options brochure in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Nepali or Vietnamese.
Financial assistance application
Financial Assistance Application (English)
Financial Assistance Application (Spanish)
Financial Assistance Application (Arabic)
Financial Assistance Application (Chinese)
Financial Assistance Application (Nepali)
Financial Assistance Application (Vietnamese)
Geisinger financial assistance policy
Geisinger Financial Assistance Policy (English)
- 2017 PA Medicaid Income Limits
- Financial Statement Application (English)
Financial Statement Application (Spanish)
- Income Guideline Matrix 2017 (English)
- Geisinger Participating Provider List (English)
- Geisinger Non Participating Provider List (English)
- Geisinger Self Pay Discount Policy (English)
- Geisinger Holy Spirit Participating Provider List (English)
- Geisinger Holy Spirit Non Participating Provider List (English)
- Patient Credit Policy (English)
- Patient Transfer and Emergency Medical Treatment Labor Act (English)